Fremantle to Broome
from $4,490 per person twin share
Early each year towards the end of February, Odyssey makes the 10 day journey up the under appreciated Western Australian coast from Fremantle to Broome.
Join us on this once a year cruise and visit some amazing historical locations and expansive wilderness.
We place a maximum of 20 guests on board our 24 meter custom built expedition vessel "Odyssey" so you can sit back relax in style and comfort while enjoying the breathtaking scenery of Australia’s west coast. Our experienced crew are passionate about their work and pride themselves on being able to offer you a personalised holiday experience that will last a lifetime.
Transfers between Odyssey and your accommodation in Broome or the Airport if departing on the arrival day.
- Also includes your flight from Broome back to Perth
Accommodation; A deluxe or classic style cabin with each cabin fully equipped with all linen, ample storage, a bar fridge, 240 volt power and hair dryer.
All meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner, morning and afternoon teas are all freshly prepared by our on board chef. Dietary requirements are catered for just let us know when booking.
Beverages, complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate, a range of soft drinks and juices are available at all times. Alcoholic beverages are available from the bar, all very reasonably priced.
Excursions, carried out daily and are all optional. Our crew are experienced and will inform you with their knowledge of the West Coast and guide you safely on all excursions.
Fishing, there is an abundance of fish in the waters of Western Australia. MV Odyssey is well equipped Shimano fishing equipment or if you prefer bring your own favourite rod and tackle.
On-Board Entertainment, MV Odyssey is equipped with state of the art viewing and surround sound SONOS system, Two large LCD screens will keep you informed and entertained. Our book and DVD library offers a large range of fiction and non-fiction books, music, board games, movies and documentaries for you to choose from.
Laundry service, MV Odyssey is equipped with a washing machine and dryer. Day 5 of your cruise are washing days, place your laundry in the laundry bag provided and our hostess will collect it in the morning and have it returned to you clean by the evening.
First aid / Medical, All the crew of Odyssey hold a current senior first aid certificate and will assist you if a medical emergency should arise. As well as a general first aid kit MV Odyssey is also equipped with a Royal Flying Doctors Service (RFDS) Medical Chest; the chest contains a range of pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical items which enables emergency and non emergency treatment to be given. The consultation and support of the Royal Flying Doctors Service is available to Odyssey 24 hours a day via satellite phone.
This is an example itinerary only. All our cruises are individual due to changing tidal movements, prevailing conditions, guest preferences and what is found on any given day.
What to Bring?
Pack simply and lightly for your Adventure with Odyssey, in soft bags please for easy storage. In hot conditions, shorts and lightweight shirts are the most comfortable and loose, long sleeved shirts and long pants in a natural, lightweight fabric (e.g. cotton) offer protection against the sun. Nights are usually cool & a cool breeze will often accompany us. We dress Kimberley Casual for dinner, definitely not formal and shoes are not normally worn on-board.
The following packing list may be helpful:
- Personal toiletries (we supply towels, sunscreen, body wash, insect repellent, tissues & hairdryers)
- Bathers, we supply additional towels for excursions.
- Stinger suit – due to Irukandji found occasionally in locations on the West Coast
- Camera equipment, all cabins have 240v outlet for recharging.
- Hard sole shoes that you do not mind getting wet which are secure on your feet, reef walkers or old sneakers are suitable.
- Casual clothing shorts and lightweight shirts are most comfortable and loose, long sleeved shirts and long pants in a natural lightweight fabric (e.g., cotton) offer protection against the sun. (Typically, around 35 degrees during the day and around 18 degrees at night).
- Light jacket or windbreaker is recommended.
- Water bottle with wide opening for ice
- Small backpack suitable to carry camera equipment and water bottle.
- Prescription drugs or vitamins, each cabin has a personal bar fridge for storing medication.
- Motion sickness preventative
- Binoculars (for bird watching)
- Fishing gear is provided on the vessel, however, keen fisher men & women might want to bring their own lures or they are available for purchase on board Odyssey